PROFESSOR ARUN DIWAKER NATH BAJPAI
PROFESSOR ARUN DIWAKER NATH BAJPAI(aged 64 years approx), hailing from a village in district Hardoi in Uttar Pradesh (Holy Naimisharanya Kshetra), committed to our nationalist ideology, served in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, has deep and performance-oriented experience in higher education and research and administration of more than four and a half decades, known for his original thinking, research outputs, teaching skills, poetry and oratory, par excellence, possesses a passion for dealing with and serving in the most difficult situations, formulating strategies for converting challenges into opportunities, widely travelled in India and abroad, has vast international exposure. Professor Bajpai is at present, besides his professorship of Economics at Rani Durgavati University Jabalpur and membership of many national, international bodies, is the president of Rashtriya Samaj Vigyan Parishad (Pragya Pravah) and the member of Mahatma Gandhi 150th Anniversary Celebration Committee, Govt. of India and National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), Govt. of India. He was a member of Deen Dayal Upadhaya Birth Centenary Committee, Govt. of India also. Professor Bajpai is a spiritually charged person who has a unique perspective of dealing with socio-economic, political and academic issues and has praise-worthy contributions as the Vice-Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidhyalaya Chitrakoot, APS University Rewaand as the Secretary-General of Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi and the councilmember of association of Common Wealth Universities London and Secretary and Treasurer of Indian Economic Association, Mumbai.
1. Vice-Chancellor, Atal Bihari Vajpayee University, Bilaspur (C.G.) (since 2021 at present)
2. Vice-Chancellor, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Gyan Path, Shimla, HP (2011-2017)
3. Vice-Chancellor, Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh (2003-2007)
4. Vice-Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidhyalaya, Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh (2003- 2004), (Additional charge).
5. Council Member, Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London (2015-2017)
6. Council Member, Australia-India Education Council (AIEC) Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (2015 onwards)
7. Secretary-General, Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (Additional charge) (2011- 2012)
8. Honorary Secretary and Treasurer, Indian Economic Association (2000-03)
9. Member, Central Advisory Board on Education, Committee on University Reforms, MHRD, Government of India (2012-2013)
10. President, Madhya Pradesh Economic Association, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (2008)
11. President, Rashtriya Samaj Vigyan Parishad, New Delhi (2018 onwards)
12. Member, Deen Dayal Upadhayay Centenary Celebration Committee, New Delhi,
being chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India (2017-2018)
13. Member, Mahatma Gandhi 150th Anniversary Celebration Committee,
Government of India New Delhi, being chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
14. Member, National Foundation for Communal Harmony, Government Of India,
New Delhi, being chaired by Hon’ble Union Home Minister
15. Patron, Rani Durgawati Research Centre, Vidya Bharti, Mahakausal, Jabalpur
16. Patron, Nanaji Deshmukh Centre for Skill Development, Vidya Bharti, Mahakausal, Jabalpur.
VISITOR’S (PRESIDENT OF INDIA) NOMINEE
1. Member, University Court, University of Delhi, Delhi (2017-2022)
2. Member, Board of Management, BBA Central University, Lucknow, UP
3. Member, Board of Management.Central University of Punjab, Bhatinda, Punjab
4. Member, Selection Committee, Central University of Haryana, Mahendragarh
CHAIRMAN/ MEMBER OF SEARCH COMMITTEES FOR APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHANCELLORS IN DIFFERENT INDIAN UNIVERSITIES
1. Chairman, Search Committee for the appointment of Vice-Chancellor, Ajmer University,
2. Member, Search Committee for the appointment of Vice-Chancellor, AKS University, Satna,
3. Member,Search Committee for appointment of Vice-Chancellor for Ram Manhor Lohia
University, Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh
REPRESENTATIONS AT GLOBAL FORUM- COMMUNICATING ECONOMICS & INDIAN KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM
1. Represented Indian Economic Association (IEA) at International Economic Association (IEA)
The conference, Lisbon (Portugal), 2002
2. Represented Association of Indian Universities (AIU) in IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa)
Summit on Education at Durban, (South Africa), 2011
3. Represented Association of Indian Universities (AIU) at International Association of
Universities Conference at Nairobi, (Kenya), 2011
RECENT REPRESENTATIONS IN IMPORTANT MEETINGS/COMMITTEES
1. Represented as Visitor’s Nominee at the Meeting of University Court of Delhi University,
Delhi, January 24, 2018.
2. Participated in a Conference on Nyaya Choupal at Jabalpur along with Justice R C Lahoti,
Justice V S Kokje & Justice S N Shrivastava, March 18, 2018.
3. Participated in the Governing Council Meeting of the National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH) under the Chairmanship of Shri Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister,
Govt. of India, April 12, 2018.
4. Participated in the Selection Committee as a Visitor’s Nominee at Central University of
Haryana, Mahendra garh, April 20, 2018.
5. Participated in the Meeting of National Committee of 150th Birth Anniversary
Commemoration of Mahatma Gandhi at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi under the
Chairmanship of Hon’ble President of India & in the gracious presence of Hon’ble Prime
Minister of India, May 2, 2018.
6. Participated in the meeting of Board of Management, National Law University, Sikkim on
June 28, 2018.
7. Participated as the Chairman of NAAC peer review committee of Mahatma Gandhi
Vidyapeeth, Varanasi. September 24-26, 2018.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
Vivekanand Seva Alankaran 2019 by Bharat Vikas Parishad, Jabalpur.
Guru Vashishtha Samman 2018.
Felicitated by Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur on Rajshekhar Samaroh 2018 for contribution
in Sanskrit Literature.
Vishwa Hindi Seva Samaan by Vishwa Hindi Manch, Guangdong
University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, China (2016)
Amity Academic Excellence Award by Amity Education Group India (2017)
Radhakrishnan International Award (2014) by International Association for World Peace,
Ambassador for Peace Award (2014) by Universal Peace Federation
Bharat Gaurav Saraswat Samman, Kolkata
Sahitya Siromani Saraswat Samman, Kolkata
Rajmata Shrimati Shanti Devi, Himachal Gaurav Samman (2012)
Kautilaya Best Economist Award
Maulana Azaad Puraskar for Educational Upliftment
Sadhak Shiromani Alankaran, Kashi Vidwat Parishad, Varanasi
Dewang Mehta Business School Award for outstanding contribution to Education
S.R.C. Gold Medal for Excellence
Felicitated by Himotkarsh Sahitya Sanskrit Avem Jan-Kalyan Parishad, Una, H.P
6th DNA & Stars of the Industry Group Present Innovative B-School Awards
Academic Excellence Award by Amity University, Noida, UP, 2016, and 2017.
Merit Scholarship, 1972-1974
UGC JRF/SRF (1976- 1980)
Jain Mitra Award