MANGA FOR U.S. CONGRESS: Virginia District 11
Manga Anantatmula was born in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Her father worked for the Indian Government, managing several Indian states. Because of his work, she traveled a lot and experienced different cultures.
Her father was wealthy, and she was fortunate to have lived better than most in India. Her family has always stood up to fight for freedom. Like the Founding Fathers of America, her grandfather was a freedom fighter who fought against the British for Independence. Later, he joined Gandhi’s movement and stood side-by-side with him for a free India.
As a first-generation immigrant from India, her wonderful nation gave her and her family the chance to live that dream. She was a Republican candidate and was running for U.S. Congress in the 11th District of Virginia to keep the American Dream alive for everyone – freedom and liberty with equal justice under the Rule of Law. As a legal immigrant, She lives her American Dream!
With her husband, she took a chance and moved to the U.S. to pursue their American Dream and her husband wanted to pursue his doctorate degree in the United States. They gave up their affluent lifestyle and moved to the United States, legally, with their young son. They believe in individual responsibility, self-reliance, and hard work. Today, her son proudly serves the nation as LCDR in the US Navy. She worked her way to U.S. Citizenship and Security Clearance. Her work with the Department of Defense and DHS proved to be the most rewarding and patriotic experience.
- First Indian American woman from Virginia to run for the US Congress
- Ran a grassroots campaign and broke 10 years of voting record for the party
- Fighting against discrimination in Ivy School admissions as a Civil Rights activist
- First to call the bluff of USCIRF as the religious freedom activist in 2014
- Honorary guest speaker of Gandhi Smriti Darshan and Society for Empowerment on the environment and global warming
- Parental Rights
- School Choice with coupon
- Public safety
- Merit-based and equal opportunity in education
- Reduce Taxes and inflation
- Children’s Safety
- Defend Women’s Rights
- Fight CRT
- Defend Constitutional rights